The Relay Race at the Cocoa Beach ½ Marathon allows 2 partners to work as a team whereby each runner will cover 6.55 miles of the race course.
- The first runners will be transported by bus to the starting line, while the second runner will wait 6 ½ miles away at the relay exchange point.
- The relay exchange point will be about 1/2 mile from the finish line, and first stage runners will walk from there to the finish area..
- There will be timing points at the relay exchange point to assure accurate individual and team timing.
- Medals will be given to the first group of relay runners at the exchange point.
- First half relay runners will walk to the finish line from the relay exchange point. They will be on a sidewalk facing the race course and able to cheer on other runners!
- Second half relay runners will finish the race under the finish line structure and will receive medals at this time.
All relay runners will gather on I Dream of Jeannie Lane for the awards and post-race activities.