Our 2016 Finishers medal (left) is a replica of the bottle used during the first season of I Dream of Jeannie. The other one was our 2015 finisher’s medal and a replica of the one used in the show’s second season.
Runners were strung out for miles along coastal road A1A
2nd Annual Ron Jon Cocoa Beach Half Marathon
Sunday, October 23, 2016
7 a.m. Start time
Hangar’s Beach (745, S Atlantic Ave, Patrick AFB, FL 32925)
Run by the sea and through the most storied beach history on the Space Coast as you head up coastal A1A from Patrick Air Force Base and into Cocoa Beach. From there, you will continue up A1A passing by our title sponsor’s World Famous Ron Jon Surf Shop and looping through a tree-lined neighborhood before entering an access where you will begin your low-tide, 2.9 mile run on the flat and hard-packed sands of Cocoa Beach.
Off the coast you are very likely to see fishing boats, giant cruise ships, porpoises and diving birds. Once off the beach, you will head back onto A1A and a fabulous finish on I Dream of Jeannie Lane!
The race features the individual 13.1 miles marathon distance and a 1/2 marathon relay whereby two member teams run 6.55 miles each to share the glory. There is also a Genie costume division specifically for those who run in their favorite Genie apparel and a Major Anthony Nelson division for those running in military uniform! There is a HARD 4 hour time limit for all entrants.
Amenities will include a few musical acts along the course, tech shirts to all pre-registered runners, custom Genie Bottle embroidered running caps and a one-of-a-kind custom made and hand-painted Genie Bottle medal for all individual and relay member finishers!!
The after party and awards ceremony will be on “I Dream of Jeannie Lane” at Lori Wilson Park and feature more live music, draft beer, lots of food and an “I Dream of Jeannie” Genie costume and look alike contest!
Check out our Genie Bottle medal to the left! It is 4″ tall and shaped like a genie bottle. Hand painted and one of the heaviest and certainly most unique finisher medals ever! Race Day – Sunday, October 23, 2016
- Tech shirts to all registered runners
- Custom embroidered event running cap to all registered runners
- Awesome Jeannie Bottle finisher medals to all — 1/2 relay runners, included
- Actual hand-painted Jeannie Bottles to overall male and female winners, male & female Masters runners & Jeannie division female and female Masters winners.
- Discount coupons to Ron Jon Surf Shop
- Chartered bus from Cocoa Beach to starting line area
- Live Music on the course
- 8 water/Gatorade/ice stations on the course
- Clif bars and banana stations
- Live music on stage at finish line
- Massages and medical support at the finish area
- Pizza at finish line
- Water, Gatorade, Cocoa-Cola and FLORIDA BEER at the finish line
- Amazing Volunteers
- Fun in beautiful Cocoa Beach!
Nearly 200 runners ran in the Jeannie division of our 2015 race.
“I Dream of Jeannie” star Barbara Eden made a very special appearance at our 2015 race and handed out awards to our overall winners and the “Jeannie” look-a-like contest winners.